Saturday, June 22, 2013


One morning my husband, David, and I arrived at the community center we had started to find that the crew that was working on some electrical and phone issues was still in the building.  David went to check on them and see if he could help.  Two young men, exhausted, but still pressing on, were laboring away.  They had estimated the job would take about four hours; it was now eight hours into the battle, and they were still not close to finishing.

It had been slow at the physical therapy department where he worked part-time, so David decided to see if he could take the morning off and come back to help.  Time was closing in on 8 am, so he had to hurry to work.  He left with a quick “I love you” and a “muwah” (our kiss on the run). 

As he hurried down the hall, I called out, “Come back for more passion!”  This got his attention, and with a puzzled look, he turned around and asked, “What?”

“Come back for more passion,” I repeated.  “I want to make sure you get those extra five years.”  He smiled and left.

Now you may be wondering what I am talking about.  Several years ago I read some research that discovered that married men who get a passionate, lingering kiss before they head off to work actually add an average of five years to their lives.  I determined right then that, as far as I was able, I’d do my part to contribute to my husband’s long-term well-being!


Oh, he got that kiss when he came back.  (Who knows what benefits I’m getting, too?)  


Here's a link from the Happy Wives Club to an article that will also encourage you to kiss more.  Enjoy! 


2 comments:

  1. Sa-weet post! Gotta keep up that passion for sure...I truly believe it does help us to live longer and healthier lives. Thanks for sharing this smile. XO

    ReplyDelete